Chia Hui Chen
Taiwanese composer born 25 July 1986 in Taipei.
Chia Hui Chen was born in Taipei, Taiwan, in 1986. He began studying violin and piano at the age of five. In 2008, he graduated from the National Taiwan University of Arts, where he studied composition with Sue-Ya Wang. He moved to France to pursue his musical studies in 2011, and was admitted to the Consevatoire à Rayonnement Régional de Boulogne-Billancourt, where he studied composition with Jean-Luc Hervé. He then enrolled at the Conservatoire de Paris (CNSMDP), where he studied composition with Frédéric Durieux. He also studied with Luis Naón, Yann Geslin, Tom Mays, Yan Maresz, Claude Ledoux, and Denis Cohen.
In 2016-17, Chia Hui Chen participated in Cursus (IRCAM’s composition and computer music course). His final project was a piece for oboe and electronics, titled Réplisome III.
Chia Hui Chen’s catalogue includes several scores for ensemble, soloists, electroacoustics, and stage music. His work has been performed in France and in Taiwan.
In June 2018, he was a guest artist at IRCAM’s ManiFeste festival for a performance of Déjà la nuit tombait (fragments de l’Iliade), a play directed by Daniel Jeanneteau, for which he co-wrote the music with Stanislav Makovsky.
© Ircam-Centre Pompidou, 2018
- Solo (excluding voice)
- elec QI parfait for erhu & electronics (2012-2013), 8 mn 26 s
- Variations for percussion (2013), 7 mn
- elec Réplisome II for solo flute and electronics (2013-2014), 7 mn 30 s
- elec Rétablissement de l'équilibre entre le Yin et le Yang for violin and electronics (2014-2015), 11 mn 21 s
- elec Impressions flottantes for micro-tonal accordion and electronics (2015-2016)
- elec ircam Ircam cursus Réplisome III for oboe and electronics (2017), 9 mn [program note]
- Instrumental ensemble music
- Reviviscence (2012), 8 mn 10 s
- Une mémoire sous l'ombre (2013), 4 mn 34 s
- elec Une mémoire sous l'ombre III : contemplation du passé for orchestra and electronic device (2016), 16 mn 20 s
- Electronic music / fixed media / mechanical musical instruments
- elec Impressions flottantes for micro-tonal accordion and electronics
- elec Une mémoire sous l'ombre III : contemplation du passé for orchestra and electronic device, 16 mn 20 s
- elec Rétablissement de l'équilibre entre le Yin et le Yang for violin and electronics, 11 mn 21 s
- elec Réplisome II for solo flute and electronics, 7 mn 30 s
- Reviviscence, 8 mn 10 s
- Entretien avec Daniel Jeanneteau, Chia Hui Chen et Stanislav Makovsky. L’expérience In Vivo : le surgissement de l’inattendu par Jérémie Szpirglas, Sept. 7, 2018
- Soundcloud du compositeur.