Austrian composer born 3 April 1974 in Saint-Martin, Upper Austria.
Reinhard Fuchs was born in Austria in 1974. He studied accordion, piano, and composition at the Anton Bruckner Privatuniversität in Linz. From 1995 to 2002, he continued his composition studies in Vienna with Michael Jarrell. In 1997-1998, he traveled to the United States to participate in master classes with Brian Ferneyhough, Marco Stroppa, and Klaus Huber at the University of Miami, Florida. He was one of the founders of the GEGENKLANG composers’ collective in 1997.
Fuchs has received commissions from ensembles and festivals such as Wien Modern for wo Angst auf Umhülle prallt in 2002 and en sa torsion de sirène, which premiered in a performance by the Arditti Quartet in 2004; blue poles (2003-2008) was commissioned by Donaueschingen Musiktage and performed again in Paris in 2009 by the Ensemble Intercontemporain. The Salzbourg Festival commissioned streut licht | an den bebenden rändern for its 2006 edition and the Bayerische Staatsoper commissioned his in circles. His compositions have been performed in countries around the world, including Russia and Venezuela.
Reinhard Fuchs won first prize in the seventh International Mozarteum Composition Competition in Salzburg in 1997 for …und… (…und doch so…), and a Special Prize from the Fondation Royaumont the same year; in 2001 he won the Anton Bruckner Prize and in 2003 the Austrian Composers Prize.
© Ircam-Centre Pompidou, 2011
- Solo (excluding voice)
- Chamber music
- Zwei Miniaturen for flute, bass clarinet and piano (1997), 3 mn, Edition21
- gereist in Feldern durch Zeit for bass flute (and piccolo) and percussion (2000), 13 mn, Edition21
- Invisible Gravitation for six percussionists distributed in space (2002), 15 mn, Edition21
- elec en sa torsion de sirène for string quartet and tape (2004), 16 mn, Edition21
- Im unaufhörlichen Wandel bebt ohne Ende for violin and piano (2004), 10 mn, Edition21
- elec in circles for flute, clarinet, viola, percussion and tape (2005), 8 mn, Edition21
- twined traces miniature for two bass clarinets (2008), 1 mn 40 s, Edition21
- Invers for accordion, clarinet and string trio (2010), 13 mn, Edition21
- Torus for flute, cello and accordion (2010), 11 mn, Edition21
- Instrumental ensemble music
- von der wiederkehr desselben gleichsam zur jagd for large group (2000), 15 mn, Edition21
- wo Angst auf Umhülle prallt for orchestra (2001), 18 mn, Edition21
- descrittivi di stati d'animo di Didone for ensemble (2004), 11 mn 30 s, Edition21
- streut licht | an den bebenden rändern for orchestra (2005), 12 mn, Edition21
- blue poles for large ensemble (2003-2008), 22 mn, Edition21
- Vocal music and instrument(s)
- A cappella vocal music
- et expectat et memenit for choir a cappella (1998), 8 mn, Edition21
- Feodora for solo accordion, 9 mn, Edition21
- Invisible Gravitation for six percussionists distributed in space, 15 mn, Edition21
- Edition 21 : http://www.edition21.at (lien vérifié en mars 2011).