Benedict Mason (1954)
Nodding Trilliums and Curve Lined Angles (1990)
for four solo percussionists and ensemble
- General information
Composition date :
- Duration : 20 mn
- Editor : Chester Music, Londres
- Commission: Birmingham Contemporary Music Group avec des fonds du West Midlands Arts
- Composition date : 1990
- Concert music [4 or more soloists and ensemble/orchestra]
- soliste : 4 percussionists
- 1 flute (also 1 piccolo), 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone, 1 piano (also 1 electronic/MIDI keyboard/synthesizer [DX7] ), 1 violin, 1 second violin, 1 viola, 1 cello, 1 double bass
19 October 1990
Grande-Bretagne, Birmingham, Adrian Boult Hall
le Birmingham Contemporary Music Group, direction : Elgar Howarth.
Table of contents
- Xylophones. A fats toccata movement.
- Rattles. A slower movement. Players sometimes play faster or slower than the conducted tempo.
- Drums. More abrasive and unstable- tempo always speeding up, slowing down or abruptly changing.
- Toys. Whistles, ocarinas and spinning tops
- Claves. Percussion players set 4 different pulses, sometimes speeding up or slowing down. A fifth pulse is added by the conductor.
- Vibraphone. A gentle final featuring the natural ‘out of tune’ notes of the horns echoed in the synthesizer and the strings.