French composer and pianist born in 1978.
Laurent Durupt holds degrees in piano, chamber music, analysis, Renaissance counterpoint, improvisation, and composition from the Conservatoire de Paris (CNSMDP). He has won several international piano prizes (including the Grossetto and Pordenone awards in italy) and chamber music awards (in Kraków and in Paris) as well as prizes in composition, which he studied mainly with Frédéric Durieux, Allain Gaussin, and Philippe Leroux.
As a performer, he founded the duo Links with his brother, a percussionist; and the Links ensemble with a group including other artists. He has been invited to perform in numerous festivals and venues such as Nancyphonies, Festival Archipel, the Amsterdam Opera, and the Salzburger Schlosskonzerte.
In 2010, he was composer-in-residence at Royaumont (Voix Nouvelles), where he was mentored by Brian Ferneyhough, Francesco Filidei, and Liza Lim. In 2011, he participated in Cursus (IRCAM’s composition and computer music course) and was awarded first prize by a unanimous jury in the Tenso Young Composers Competition. He then participated in Cursus 2, where he composed P-Server, which was staged during ManiFeste 2013.
He has also received fellowships from the Fondation de France and the Meyer Foundation Meyer, as well as commissions from the Cabaret Contemporain, pianist Hugues Leclère, the Latvia Radio Choir, the Jeune chœur de Paris, and the Mercury Quartet. His compositions have been performed in Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg, Bogota, Vitoria, Chelsea, Manchester, Saint-Pétersbourg, Vancouver, Dallas, San Antonio, and New York, and in major concert programs such as Argento’s concert season in New York City and the Festival Musica de Strasbourg.
He was a resident of the Villa Médicis in Rome in 2013 and 2014.
Laurent Durupt teaches piano at the Conservatory of the 14th Arrondissement in Paris and electronic composition at Université UPEM in Marne-La-Vallée.
- Solo (excluding voice)
- Doubble for solo double bass (2010), 10 mn
- Debucide for solo piano (2011), 3 mn
- elec ircam Ircam cursus Turbine for woodwind and live electronics (2012), 7 mn
- Autour de la tour perdue for piano (2014), 2 mn
- elec ircam 61 stèles [de pierre, de bois, de silence, de souffle…] for marimba and electronics (2016) [program note]
- Galina fête ses dix ans for piano (2016), 3 mn
- Chamber music
- Unotturno for brass septet (2006), 8 mn
- elec Ubiitsi for percussion, trumpet, trombone and live electronics (2007), 10 mn
- elec Metal Quartet for percussion quartet and live electronics (2009), 10 mn
- Maigres bêtes de la nuit for piccolo and tablas (2011), 11 mn
- elec Sonate en triOhm for percussion trio and live electronics (2011), 40 mn
- Sounds should not be weapons for violin, cello, clarinet and piano (2012), 12 mn
- A mother of stone for cello and piano (2014), 4 mn
- elec Panakoustikon for two pianos, two percussions and electronics (2014), 10 mn
- elec Persecutory Delusions for percussion, alto saxophone and electronics (2014), 10 mn
- elec Prelude to dronocraty for two pianos, two percussions and electronics (2014), 10 mn
- Instrumental ensemble music
- Sent from my ifaune for ensemble ad libitum and audience (2012), variable
- elec ircam stage P-Server for ensemble, live electronics and scenography (2012-2013), 20 mn, Links Éditions [program note]
- elec Hip Hop Algorithm for ensemble, turntable and electronics (2015)
- Vertical speed for string quartet, accordion and piano (2015), 20 mn
- Concert music
- Vertical Speed II for solo percussion and ensemble (2009), 10 mn
- Vocal music and instrument(s)
- stage Zephyr tale for piano, percussion and actress (2010), 60 mn
- A cappella vocal music
- Unspecified instrumentation
- Minimal music for maximum space installation (2015)
- elec ircam 61 stèles [de pierre, de bois, de silence, de souffle…] for marimba and electronics [program note]
- Galina fête ses dix ans for piano, 3 mn
- A mother of stone for cello and piano, 4 mn
- Autour de la tour perdue for piano, 2 mn
- elec Panakoustikon for two pianos, two percussions and electronics, 10 mn
- elec Persecutory Delusions for percussion, alto saxophone and electronics, 10 mn
- elec Prelude to dronocraty for two pianos, two percussions and electronics, 10 mn
- Souffler sur quelques lueurs for mixed choir, 40 mn
- elec Ubiitsi for percussion, trumpet, trombone and live electronics, 10 mn
- Unotturno for brass septet, 8 mn
- Site personnel, http://www.laurentdurupt.com (lien vérifié en mai 2016).