Italian Composer born in Verona in 1980.
Giovanni Bertelli was born in Italy in 1980. He graduated with honors in piano in 2003 and composition in 2007 from the Verona Conservatory, and received a degree in philosophy from the University of Verona in 2004. In 2007, he won second prize at the Valentino Bucchi Competition in Rome and was a finalist in 2008 in the Alea III International composition competition in Boston.
Bertelli’s encounter with Stefano Gervasoni, with whom he studied at the Conservatoire de Paris (CNSP) in 2008, had a significant impact on his work. Bertelli graduated from the conservatory in 2010.
From 2010-2012, he participated in Cursus 1 and 2 (the IRCAM’s composition and computer music course), receiving a fellowship from the Centre international Nadia et Lili Boulanger in 2012.
His music has been performed by the Arditti Quartet, the Alea III Ensemble, Bit20, Court-Circuit, Linea, and the Neue Vocalsolisten. He has received commissions from the Divertimento Ensemble for Libro d’estate (2009), Poscritto (2010), and Capronata (2012); from the Ascolta Ensemble for Autoritratto in tre passaggi (2011); from Radio France’s Alla Breve program (2012) for a quintet with mezzo soprano; and from the Venice Biennale and Musik der Jahrhunderte for a chamber opera, also in 2012.
© Ircam-Centre Pompidou, 2012
- Solo (excluding voice)
- Chamber music
- Instrumental ensemble music
- Concert music
- Vocal music and instrument(s)
- Natura Morta con Marzapane for soprano, horn, percussion and violin (2007), 10 mn, Inédit
- elec Studi Boreali for voice, percussion and tape (2008), 7 mn, Inédit
- Amare, Madre for mezzo-soprano and ensemble (2009), 11 mn, Inédit
- Contro il principio di inerzia for tenor and bass, trumpet and trombone, violin and viola (2009), 8 mn, Inédit
- elec Introitus agiografia di futuro cadavere dal Codex Seraphinianus di Luigi Serafini, for female voice, percussion and electronics (2010), 17 mn, Inédit
- C/o Ru de Courtablon, près la mare Chaudron for countertenor, baritone and ensemble (2010), 22 mn, Inédit
- stage AMDG for five singers and two percussionists (2012)
- Autoritratto in tre passaggi for ensemble, 11 mn, Inédit
- C/o Ru de Courtablon, près la mare Chaudron for countertenor, baritone and ensemble, 22 mn, Inédit
- elec Introitus agiografia di futuro cadavere dal Codex Seraphinianus di Luigi Serafini, for female voice, percussion and electronics, 17 mn, Inédit
- Poscritto for piano and four instruments, 17 mn, Inédit