Chilean-Spanish composer born 14 May 1984 in Santiago, Chile.
Francisco Alvarado was born in 1984 in Santiago, Chile. In 2008, he was selected for the “Young Composer Session” of the Symphonic Orchestra of Chili and in 2009 won the CDMC prize at the composition session of the INJUVE Awards in Madrid. In 2013, he represented Chile at the World Music Days in Slovakia with Tricycle. In 2016, he worked with Philippe Manoury and Alberto Posadashe at the Musica Festival Composition Academy in Strasbourg, of which he was named the winner. In 2017, he was the Camargo Foundation Core Program Resident in Cassis, France. In 2019-2020, he completed a residency at the SWR Expermientalstudio and at GMEM Marseille.
In 2013, Alvarado received a Commande d’état (a commission from the French Ministry of Culture) for Convergences, which premiered at the Abbaye de Royaumont. He composed the final act of the opera Maudits les Innocents, which was performed at the Opéra Bastille in 2014; another composition, Karukinka, was included in the program of the Festival Musica in 2015. Corps et ombre ensemble s’engloutissent for double bass and ensemble premiered at the Opéra National du Rhin de Strasbourg in 2018, performed by Ensemble Linea.
His work has been performed by Ensemble Makrokosmos, Quatuor Xasax, Grup Instrumental de València, Quatuor Diotima, Ensemble Multilatérale, the Orchestre des lauréats of the Paris Conservatory (CNSMDP), and the Chile Symphony Orchestra.
His current work focuses on the interaction between music, performance space, and electronics in the context of multimedia projects.
Francisco Alvarado has received grants and scholarships from the Fondation de France, the Fonds de Tarrazi, the Culture and Arts Council of the Chilean Government, Santander Bank, and the Fondation Marcel Bleustein-Blanchet pour la Vocation.
© Ircam-Centre Pompidou, 2016
- Solo (excluding voice)
- Chamber music
- A la distancia for flute, violin, percussion and double bass (2007), 11 mn 18 s
- Tricycle for string trio (2011), 9 mn 54 s [program note]
- Pièce pour deux duos d’improvisateurs (2013), 18 mn
- Convergences for fortepiano and violin (2014-2015), 22 mn
- wie die zarten Blüten im Winter (part 1) for string quartet (2016), 8 mn
- elec trace-écart for electric guitar, harp, cymbalum, double bass and electronics (2017), 14 mn 30 s
- elec dejar aparecer for ensemble and electronics (2019), 20 mn about , Durand
- Instrumental ensemble music
- Tetra-ecos for four flutes (2004), 9 mn
- Forsa for orchestra (2008), 12 mn
- Pare for set (2009), 9 mn 40 s
- Muñeco de trapo for set (2010), 10 mn [program note]
- Rêve d’un chemin for set (2011), 8 mn 30 s [program note]
- Orbitas for set (2012), 11 mn 40 s [program note]
- elec Optical Flow for ensemble and electronics (2012-2013), 12 mn 30 s [program note]
- elec ircam Je ne suis qu'une voix for 12 musicians, electronic and synthetic voice (2020), 19 mn [program note]
- Concert music
- elec And matter was (not) perfectly conserved for solo trio (saxophone, piano, percussion), ensemble and electronics (2015), 16 mn 30 s [program note]
- where the murmurs die for guitar and orchestra (2016), 18 mn
- corps et ombre ensemble s'engloutissent for double bass and ensemble (2018), 15 mn, Durand
- Vocal music and instrument(s)
- Disire for soprano, saxophone, percussion, piano, violin and viola (2012), 8 mn 30 s [program note]
- stage Maudits les Innocents - Acte IV opera in four acts for five singers, children's choir and ensemble (2013-2014), 21 mn [program note]
- Los sonetos de la muerte - Soneto 1 for soprano and ensemble (2015), 8 mn 30 s
- elec ircam stage Ircam cursus Karukinka for mezzo-soprano, flute, percussion, viola and electronics (2014-2015), 24 mn [program note]
- le monde, mon monde for soprano, guitar and bandoneon (2016), 6 mn
- elec dejar aparecer for ensemble and electronics, 20 mn about , Durand
- elec trace-écart for electric guitar, harp, cymbalum, double bass and electronics, 14 mn 30 s
- elec And matter was (not) perfectly conserved for solo trio (saxophone, piano, percussion), ensemble and electronics, 16 mn 30 s [program note]
- Convergences for fortepiano and violin, 22 mn
- elec ircam stage Ircam cursus Karukinka for mezzo-soprano, flute, percussion, viola and electronics, 24 mn [program note]
- Los sonetos de la muerte - Soneto 1 for soprano and ensemble, 8 mn 30 s
- Pare for set, 9 mn 40 s
- Forsa for orchestra, 12 mn
- A la distancia for flute, violin, percussion and double bass, 11 mn 18 s
- Tetra-ecos for four flutes, 9 mn
- Site personnel du compositeur : www.franciscoalvarado.net
- Chaîne YouTube : www.youtube.com
- SoundCloud : soundcloud.com
(liens vérifiés en mai 2021).
- Francisco ALVARADO, Pare pour ensemble, dans « Creación INJUVE 2009 », Grup Instrumental de València, Joan Cerveró : direction, 1 cd Instituto de la Juventud, Ministerio de Igualdad, Madrid, 2009 (non commercialisé).