Pablo Galaz Salamanca
Chilean composer born 28 July 1983 in Santiago.
Pablo Galaz Salamanca was born in Chile in 1983. He began his musical career studying classical guitar, then decided to devote himself entirely to composition. In 2010, he earned an advanced degree in composition from the Faculty of Arts of the University of Chile, where he studied with Aliocha Solovera, Cirilo Vila, and Jorge Pepi Alos. He received a fellowship from the French government to continue studying composition at the Conservatoire de Paris (CNSMDP) with Stefano Gervasoni. From 2012-2014 he particpated in Cursus (IRCAM’s composition and computer music course).
His compositions have been performed in Chile and in Europe, notably in several contemporary music festivals, including INJUVE (2008), Acanthes (2009), Villecroze Academy (2011), and the Summer Courses at Darmstadt (2012). In 2010, he was a resident composer at the sixth International Young Composers Forum, organized by the Aleph ensemble. In 2013, he was a finalist for the San Fedele Multimedia Prize (Milan).
His Troubles was performed at IRCAM’s ManiFeste festival in July 2014.
© Ircam-Centre Pompidou, 2014
- Solo (excluding voice)
- [pièce sans titre] for flute (2012)
- Chamber music
- Instrumental ensemble music
- Vocal music and instrument(s)
- A cappella vocal music
- elec Ircam cursus Théorème R for soprano and electronics (2013)
- elec ircam Troubles musical theater for two voices, percussion, clarinet, double bass and electronics
- elec Ircam cursus Théorème R for soprano and electronics
- Una nota en el abismo for clarinet, violin and piano
- Geometría Elemental for large ensemble
- Disfraces for ensemble
- El ruido de la memoria for ensemble