Jesper Nordin (1971)
Sleep now in the fire (2001)
- Informations générales
Date de composition :
- Durée : 19 mn
- Éditeur : Swedish Music Information Center
- Date de composition : 2001
- Musique instrumentale d'ensemble [Grand orchestre type "bois par 3" (ou plus)]
- 3 flûte, 3 hautbois, 3 clarinette, 3 basson, 4 cor, 3 trompette, 3 trombone, tuba, 3 percussionniste, piano, cordes
Information sur la création
- 12 October 2001, Norvège, Oslo, par Rolf-Erik Nystrøm et l'Orchestre symphonique NMH, direction : Rolf Gupta.
Sleep now in the fire is a saxophone concerto dedicated to Rolf-ErikNystrøm and is largely influenced by our mutual interest in hard rock, folk music, free improvised music and beyond. The four movements "sleep", "now", "in" and "the fire" are played attacca. The first and third movement are dominated by the orchestra while the soloist have the more dominant role in the second and fourth. The ambiguity in the title between relaxation and danger, stillness and eruption, dream and painful reality is present in the piece on many levels. All calm has a built-in anxiety while there in the wild parts are clarity. The title of the piece is taken from a song by the rock group Rage against the machine.