Jesper Nordin (1971)
concerto pour percussion et orchestre
- Informations générales
Date de composition :
- Durée : 20 mn
- Éditeur : Peters
- Commande: Swedish Concert Institute
- Date de composition : 2006
- Musique concertante [Percussion et ensemble/orchestre]
- soliste : percussionniste
- 2 flûte, 2 hautbois, 2 clarinette, 2 basson, 2 cor, 2 trompette, 2 percussionniste, piano, cordes
Information sur la création
- 15 March 2006, Suède, Västerås, par Mika Takehara et le Västerås Sinfonietta, direction : Hannu Koivula.
Moirai is a percussion concerto for composed for Mika Takehara. Commissioned and premiered by Västerås Sinfonietta and Mika Takehara, conducted by Hannu Koivula 15/3 2006. The title Moirai comes from the Greek mythology where it is the name of the three goddesses of fate:
Klotho - whose name meant 'Spinner', was spinning the thread of life.
Lachesis - whose name meant 'Apportioner of Lots', measured the thread of life.
Atropos, whose name meant 'She who cannot be turned', cut the thread of life.
The concerto is partly based on an earlier collaboration between Mika Takehara and Jesper Nordin – the piece Klotho, for marimba, cello and percussion ensemble that Mika Takehara premiered with Åsa Strid and the percussions ensemble Kroumata.