Johannes Maria Staud (1974)
pour quatuor à cordes
- Informations générales
Date de composition :
1997 - 1998
- Durée : 16 mn
- Éditeur : Universal Edition
- Commande: État fédéral du Tyrol
- Date de composition : 1997 - 1998
- Musique de chambre [2 violons, alto, violoncelle]
- 1 violon, 1 violon II, 1 alto, 1 violoncelle
Information sur la création
- 28 July 1999, Autriche, Ebbs, église, Erl Tyrolean Festival, par le quatuor Hugo Wolf.
I borrowed this work’s title (English: dichotomy) from the field of botany, where it is used to describe the fork-like branching out of plants as they sprout. The basic idea of the piece is similar. The first movement (indirectly) approaches a state of bifurcation, but ends up arriving at a confluence – upon which the second movement initially builds. But gradually, the music begins to develop in a completely new direction. It was my goal to accomplish this gradual change in perspective with as much suspense as possible – using only a few germ cells, the apparent forms of which continually change, while at the same time influencing one another.
Johannes Maria Staud.