Dai Fujikura (1977)
Fifth Station (2003-2004)
- Informations générales
Date de composition :
2003 - 2004
Dates de révision : 2008
- Durée : 15 mn
- Éditeur : Ricordi, Londres
- Commande: London Sinfonietta
- Date de composition : 2003 - 2004
- Musique instrumentale d'ensemble [Ensemble instrumental mixte de 10 à 25 instruments]
- 1 flûte alto, 1 clarinette basse, 1 cor, 1 trompette, 1 trombone, 1 violon, 1 violon II, 1 alto, 1 violoncelle, 1 contrebasse
Information sur la création
14 February 2004
Londres, Queen Elizabeth Hall
London Sinfonietta, Louise Hopkins : violoncelle, direction : Martyn Brabbins.
This work is a SPATIAL work. Two instruments, trumpet and cello, are on stage and eight players are in the auditorium, surrounding the audience.
At the beginning of the work the cello acts as the main character of the piece, and the trumpet is heard as the shadow of the cello, sometimes supporting the cello, sometimes playing material in contrast to the cello.
As the piece progresses, the eight instruments in the auditorium start to react to the cello, as if the cello is a person and walking into a forest. This forest makes particular sounds as the wind blows.
Half way through the piece, this "forest" starts to consume the cello and trumpet, including them in the ensemble.
Dai Fujikura (edited by Harry Ross).