CREAMA Academie 2016 Gone Jérôme Combier
Table of contents
Documentation date: July 6, 2016
Performance date: June 29, 2016
- wooddoll (email@example.com)
- Robin Meier (Computer Music Designer)
Performed at Centre Georges Pompidou with Sound Initiative, Gang Hyuk and Jae Hyun from CREAMA Seoul University.
- clarinette, piano, violon, alto, violoncelle
Electronic equipment list
Computer Music Equipment
1 Live - Music Software
version 9 or 10
1 Max 6 - Max
or MAX7 in 32bit mode
1 ejies - Library
1 GuitarRigV4 - Audio Plugin
1 BCF 2000 - MIDI Mixer
1 Footswitch / Sustain Pedal - Footswitch / Sustain Pedal
for the clarinet player
|[1.2 MB]||Other ejies library||Emmanuel Jourdan|
|[1.4 GB]||All-in-one patch and live session||robin meier|
|[1.9 MB]||Score score||jérôme Combier||score with pedals and annotations for electronics|
|[79.8 KB]||Document documentation||meier|
In this piece, the sound of the six instruments are processed in realtime through several sound-effects, including a commercial VST plugin (Guitar Rig4).
Some prerecorded soundfiles are triggered from an Ableton Live session.
The events are triggered from a footswitch pedal operated by the clarinet player.
The cues are indicated in the score.
Clicktrack version (optional)
A version with click-track is also possible, in this case the pedal cues are triggered automatically directly from the Ableton "pedal" midi track.
The click-track audio track from live is sent to the musician ear-monitors
6 channel audio inputs :
4 channel audio outputs
- DAC 7 and 8 goes to HP stage-right and stage-left
- DAC 9 and 10 are stage-right wide (side) respectively stage-left wide
A pedal on stage to trigger events
Software installation (1)
For the concert you'll need max 6 or max 7 in 32 bit (some objects weren’t available in 64 bit at the time of writing)
- Start Max
- Add _PATCHEGONE max7 to the search path. Install necessary libraries/packages if missing.
* SuperVPMaxMSP-v2.18.3-2017-11-OSX * ForumMaxApps
DSP status :
Install guitar rig 4 or 5 VST
This patch is preconfigured to use Native Instrument GuitarRig 4. The VST plugin file should be renamed to “GuitarRig4.vst” at its default location (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/GuitarRig4.vst).
For future versions you can access the guitar rig preset files directly in the _gitrigpresets folder. by default max will load the .fxp files which are understood by the vst~ object only and need to have the exact same guitar rig version pre-installed in order to work correctly.
ableton live 9 or 10
To play simulation and for triggering soundfiles during performance.
In future versions the sampler could be integrated into max directly.
Simulation contains recordings of the 6 adc's and pedals
In Ableton Live’s midi preferences, activate “Remote” for “from Max 1” so the session receives triggers for soundfiles (tracks 1-2 and 3-4).
The tracks click, pedals, CLari, vl, alto, cello, piano, tamtam, mix are for rehearsal/simulation purposes only. you can either ignore or remove them for the performance.
Software installation (2)
- Mount the gone-creama.dmg volume
- open mainpatch-Gone-Pedale.maxpat_ and events-pedal.maxpat_
- make sure guitar rig is loaded (patcher vst)
- Launch Ableton Live
- Open _ GONE SONS FIXES-pedale max7.als
- Check the Midi connexion from Max to Live
- Check that Dac 7,8,9,10 are sent to the loudspeakers (use max audiotester)
- Check the midi pedal
- check physical inputs and outputs:
* [p in] and * [p out] to the right, towards last outputs of matrix~
- init (esc)
- dac on
- init (esc)
- midiin on
This documentation is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Jérôme Combier, Juillet 2010.
Version documentation creation date: July 6, 2016, 7:30 a.m., update date: April 30, 2020, 11:11 a.m.